Google has a program called “Google Ad Grants: AdWords for Nonprofits” that gives nonprofit organizations $329 per day / $10,000 per month in FREE online advertising. Yes, you read that correctly—FREE online advertising for your nonprofit organization! In this book, I will talk about the importance of online advertising and how it can benefit your organization. Nevertheless, I wanted to start things off with a grant program that you can apply for, receive, and implement quickly. Let me tell you how it’s done. Go to http://www.google.com/grants/ and read through the information to see what you need in order to apply. The main necessities are:
- 501(c) 3 charity status.
- Employer ID (EIN).
- Have a functioning website with substantial content.
- Have a Google account to manage the AdWords campaign.
Here are the specifics of what you will receive:
- A daily budget set to $329 USD, which is equivalent to about $10,000 per month.
- A maximum cost-per-click (CPC) limit of $2.00 USD.
- Only run keyword-targeted campaigns.
- Only appear on Google Search result pages.
- Only run text ads (you cannot use video ads or graphics-based ads).
- You must choose one link for your AdWords program to link to. Many of the organizations that I have worked with use the AdWords program for their Internet Church Campuses.
Once you have completed the application process, Google will notify you within a few weeks as to whether or not you were accepted. If you are not accepted, Google will let you know what you need to change in order to resubmit and be accepted. The process is really easy. In addition to the Google grant, you will also receive:
- YouTube Nonprofit Program: Premium branding capabilities on YouTube channels, and increased uploading capacity.
- Google Apps for Nonprofit: Free version of the Google Apps business productivity suite, including Gmail, Docs, Calendar, and more.
- One Today by Google: Free access to a mobile fundraising platform.
The Google AdWords grant is a great deal in itself, but the additional software that Google is giving in this grant makes this deal unbelievable. Google Apps is a great online software tool that is similar to Microsoft Office. A church of any size can now have the corporate office tools that once cost thousands for absolutely FREE and run their business more effectively and efficiently.
Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits:
- Governmental entities and organizations.
- Hospitals and health care organizations.
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible).
To learn more about this topic and others get your copy of The iChurch Method Vol. 3 TODAY!